Home Buyer Education Classes
NeighborWorks Mountain Country Home Solutions is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified counseling agency and our counselors are all HUD certified as well.
When potential homeowners attend a home buyer education class, it increases the likelihood of successful homeownership and reduces the potential for mortgage problems that may arise in the future. This class will help you make informed decisions and could save you hundreds and even thousands of dollars as you purchase your first home. The topics will help you know what to expect during the home-buying process. Knowledge is key to feeling at ease and making the process go smoothly when you purchase your home, keep it maintained and enjoy living in your neighborhood and community. Topics covered include:
- Understanding the home buying process and buying the right home for you.
- Avoid mistakes commonly made by first-time homebuyers.
- Obtaining a mortgage loan and what a house payment includes.
- Ongoing costs of owning a home.
- Money Management made easier and how much of a home you can afford. Managing debt so it doesn’t manage you.
- The importance of good credit and how to fix poor credit.
- Understanding predatory lenders and what to watch out for.
- Ways to reduce your risk of identity theft.